- In every library, children come first.
- All libraries acknowledge the importance of children’s service with adequate materials and resources.
- All libraries recognize ALSC as a leader in promoting high quality service to children.
- Libraries recognize and support the value of all staff serving children.
- Resources, collections, services, and staff reflect the communities they serve.
- The library’s physical space reflects the developmental needs of children.
- Children and their families are being served by a variety of non-traditional programs and activities in off-site locations.
Award and Frequency
Please fill out the online application located on the ALSC website.
Work Phone: (312) 280-5839
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/22/2014. Last retrieved on 08/22/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Each application will be judged on the basis of:
• The degree of need in the community.
• The degree of need of the library where the materials will be used.
• The extent to which the materials will improve service to children in the community.
• The extent to which the plan for using the materials is creative and innovative.
• The clarity and effectiveness of the plan to make the materials available.
• The clarity and effectiveness of the statement of need.
Members of the ALSC Grant Administration Committee will judge the applications based on the above criteria and choose three libraries that best fit the grant’s purpose.