Collaborative School Library Award
Established in 2000.
Award and Frequency
The school librarian must be a personal member of AASL.
To apply, visit the AASL website.
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/02/2015. Last retrieved on 07/02/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- The school librarian must be a personal member of AASL.
- The project will be judged on:
- The degree of joint effort, over a significant period of time, between the school librarian and classroom teacher(s);
- Use of school library resources;
- Degree in meeting the goals and standards outlined in Empowering Learners: Guidelines for School Library Programs.
The project submitted should reflect a best practice that can serve as a model for others in collaborative planning. It is recommended that a portion of the cash award be used to provide opportunities for the recipients to share their project at a state association conference.
Recipients are notified in the spring.