Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award
Award and Frequency
Individuals may nominate themselves or others.
Electronic submissions are required. Nominations should include documentation (a letter) that indicates:
- your name, address, e-mail and phone number, plus the name, address, e-mail and phone number (cell and office) of the person you are nominating.
- a letter from you supporting the nomination
- a current vita for the person being nominated, and
- as many letters as you wish from other librarians supporting the nomination.
All letters of support should be compiled by the nominator and sent along with the main nomination.
If possible, please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others. E-mail the nominating package to Chase Ollis at email@example.com. If sending multiple files, each file name must include the nominee's name.
Questions or requests for assistance in compiling a nomination should be directed to the chair, Tyrone Heath Cannon, Library Dean, University of San Francisco, T: (415) 422-6167, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Chase Ollis, email@example.com.
American Library Association
50 E Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/03/2015. Last retrieved on 08/03/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Service to the organized profession through the Association of College and Research Libraries and related organizations
- Significant and influential research on academic or research library service
- Publication of a body of scholarly and/or theoretical writing contributing to academic or research library development
- Planning and implementing a library program of such exemplary quality that it has served as a model for others