About the Christopher Hoy/ERT Scholarship
An annual scholarship consisting of $5,000 to a U.S./Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is pursuing an MLS in an ALA-accredited program.
Named for a long time ALA staff member, who was director of the ALA Conference Services Office for over 20 years. This was established with donations from Christopher J. Hoy and the Exhibits Round Table (ERT) to honor his memory.
Award and Frequency
Annual scholarship of $5,000.
This award is given out on an annual basis.
- U.S. or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Attend ALA accredited Master's Program.
- No more than 12 semester hours towards MLS/MLIS/MIS prior to June 1 of year awarded.
- Personal Statement.
Attend ALA accredited Master's Program.
If you need more information, feel free to contact the ALA Library Reference Desk by telephone: 800-545-2433, extension 2153; fax: 312-280-3255; e-mail: email@example.com; or regular mail: ALA Library, American Library Association, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611-2795.
1. Required. Completed online application (which includes a personal statement).
2. Required. Completed references (only references on the official online form will be accepted). A total of three references must be submitted. You will be prompted to indicate your professional references within the online application.
3. Required. Official academic transcripts from institutions where you received your bachelors degree. These can be submitted directly from the institution, or mailed in the unopened envelope as received from the degree-granting institutions along with any other materials you may need to submit. Only official (sealed) copies will be accepted. All items must be received in the ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse by March 1st to be considered. When March 1st falls on a Satruday or Sunday the deadline will be extend to the next business day. The mailing address is: ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse, 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611.
Recipients will be contacted by phone after June 1st. All other applicants will be notified by e-mail after July 1st.