ALSC Distinguished Service Award
Award and Frequency
The recipient receives $1,000 and an engraved pin at the ALSC Membership Meeting during ALA Annual Conference.
- Applicant should be an individual who has made an immediate or sustained contribution to the understanding or expansion of library services to children or ALSC
- The nominee and the individual making the nomination must be personal members of ALSC as well as ALA; organizational members are not eligible
- Individuals nominated my be chosen from any facet of library services to children
- The designee may be a practicing librarian in a public or school library, a library or information science educator, a member of the library press, or an editor or other employee of a publishing house
- The designee may be active or retired
Please complete and submit a nomination form on the ALSC website.
Work Phone: (312) 280-5839
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/07/2016. Last retrieved on 02/07/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Distinguished Service Award Committee will evaluate each nominee based on outstanding contribution(s), innovative ideas, breadth of influence, and length of service.
Each nomination will be weighed on its own merit. Letters of support or additional nominations for the same person need not be solicited.