National School Library Program of the Year Award
Established in 1963, the National School Library Media Program of the Year (NSLMPY) Award honors school library media programs practicing their commitment to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information, as well as exemplifying implementation of Information Power. The award recognizes exemplary school library media programs that are fully integrated into the school's curriculum. Each winning program receives a $10,000 prize ($30,000 total) donated by Follett Library Resources.
In the past, the three award categories were defined as: Large District (enrollment equal to or greater than 10,000 students), Small District (enrollment less than 10,000 students) and Individual School (including single schools that exist as a school district). The new categories, starting with the 2006 application year, are one District Award and two Single School Awards.
Award and Frequency
- Entrants must submit their applications in the database provided by the American Association of School Librarians. Special consideration will be given by contacting AASL at email@example.com.
- The application must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement signed by the superintendent or equivalent officer of the school district (including those submitted by single schools within districts).
- An Awards Committee appointed by the American Association of School Librarians will screen all applications. Three national winners may be recommended. The Committee is not obligated to recommend three national winners.
- Verification of any materials submitted by entrants may be requested by the AASL Committee.
- When uploading material, please use a standard type face no smaller than 10 point size, double-spaced, and include only materials requested in the application form. Additional, unsolicited materials will be removed before the application is forwarded to the Committee.
- This online submission process allows you to save your application to edit later (prior to the deadline) or submit it for final consideration (if you are completely satisfied with your application and do not need to add to or revise it further). Please be sure that all sections of the application are completely filled out before submitting. Unfinished applications will be disqualified.
Additional information and to begin the program submission process, please go to https://s4.goeshow.com/aasl/awards/2011/NSLPY_award.cfm
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Work Phone: 312-280-4381
American Library AssociationAmerican Association of School Librarians
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2729
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/19/2013. Last retrieved on 05/19/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.