Trustee Citation Award
Award and Frequency
The award is presented during the Opening General Session at the ALA Annual Conference. Recipients are expected to be present to accept the award, and expenses for attending must be borne by the recipients or their library organizations.
Requirements for nomination include:
- Actual Trustee service at least part of the calendar year preceding the Annual Conference at which award
- Comprehensive statement of the nominee’s achievements.
- Nomination(s) by any individual library Trustee, librarian, library board, state library agency, state library
association, state Trustee association, Public Library Association, or ALTAFF. Include signature(s) of
nominator(s) and endorsing organizations and individuals.
- Statement of support no longer than five double-spaced pages. Describe, in chronological order, the
nominee’s library-related activities. The listing should include, but not be limited to, library-related
activities such as board and/or library association service, with offices held, titles, and awards, with dates.
- Personal membership in ALA and the Trustee Section of ALTAFF at the time of application and at the
time of the award presentation if chosen.
Click here for the application form.
Displaying active committee roster as of 04/19/2014. Last retrieved on 04/19/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.