By the end of this course, the participant will be able to :
- Understand the burgeoning growth of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias
- Articulate the impact of the disease on two major library user groups, sufferes and caregivers
- Survey the range of library resources available to assist patrons in these two user groups
- Evaluate innovative examples of library programming for dementia sufferers and their caregivers
Who Should Attend
This course will be of value to public librarians of all ranks: Adult Services Librarians, Public Services Managers and Health Librarians in particular
Timothy J. Dickey is an adult public service librarian with the nationally-acclaimed Columbus Metropolitan Libraries, and a library science educator teaching reference, research methods, and library technology, for the faculties of Kent State University and San Jose State University.
- $130 for ASGCLA members
- $175 for ALA members
- $210 for non-ALA members
- $100 for student members and retired members
How to Register
- By Fax; download, complete and fax form (PDF format) to (312) 280-1538
- By Mail: download, complete and mail form (PDF format) to American Library Association, ATTN: MACS/Online CE Registration, 50 E. Huron, Chicago, IL 60611
Continuing Education Credit- A certificate of completion will be sent to each participant upon successful completion of each course.
Although these courses are not CEU-certified, many licensing boards will accept them for credit. Requirements vary by state and school districts regarding certification and continuing education credits. The decision to grant CEU credits remains entirely up to your state or school district. If you are in need of credits, check with your state and/or school district before enrolling to determine eligibility.
Questions about registration should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Technical questions about the webinar should be directed to Ninah Moore at email@example.com
Thank you and we look forward to your participation!