Visit ASCLA's blog for all the breaking news and up-to-the-minute information about ASCLA activities and members.
Discuss topics with fellow ASCLA members on the ASCLA Discussion Lists.
ASCLA maintains a number of e-mail discussion lists for various topics, sections, and committees. The ASCLA-L mailing list is open to all ASCLA members.
Lists of interest to ASCLA members include:
Online discussion list for all ASCLA members.
For those who work in, with, or want to know more about Library Cooperatives
Library Service to the Deaf Forum
For those who work in, with or want to know more about libraries serving populations with special needs, such as those with sensory, physical, health or behavioral conditions
For those interested in library services to prisoners and the detained or incarcerated.
For those who work in, with, or want to know more about state libraries and state library agencies.
To subscribe, send an email to email@example.com with the following subject:
subscribe ASCLA-l firstname lastname
(replace firstname and lastname above with your first and last names.) Do not put anything in the body of the message.
Please note that the following guidelines apply to all ASCLA lists:
- Only subscribers may post to the list.
- Announcements of conferences, workshops, new publications, and position openings appropriate to the list are allowed.
- All messages should relate to the general topic of the list.
- Attachments may not be included.
- Posting of defamatory and/or offensive material is strictly prohibited, including but not limited to hate-speech, name-calling and personal insults. Respect the rights of others. Remember that an electronic discussion is a commons. Be civil. Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
- All postings must be free of copyright restrictions that limit distribution. Indicate whether users are authorized to copy, print, and or distribute the document.
- The ASCLA Executive Committee has the right to remove members of the list who fail to participate as required by the policies stated in this document.
Work with fellow ASCLA members and participate in ASCLA's interest groups online using ALA's Online Communities in ALA Connect.
Interface, ASCLA's E-Newsletter
Interface is the official e-newsletter of the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies with all the news and information about ASCLA activities and its members.
ASCLA produces a number of print publications on standards and guidelines that can found here.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!