How to Join ASCLA
The Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA) has more than 800 members dedicated to the advancement of specialized and cooperative library agencies. From interpreting the Americans with Disabilities Act to interlibrary cooperation to electronic discussion groups, ASCLA has something to meet your needs.
ASCLA individual member dues are $51/year plus the cost of ALA membership. Student member and retired member dues are $15/year plus the cost of ALA membership. Organizational members pay $51/year with the exception of State Library Agencies, who pay dues of $500/year, plus the cost of ALA membership in both instances.
STATE LIBRARIES: Learn more about membership by downloading this flyer.
Here's what you get when you join ASCLA:
- A community to connect you with your peers and help celebrate your victories, and provide support and information when you face professional challenges.
- A voice for libraries and librarians serving populations with special needs; state libraries, library cooperatives, and independent librarians/library consultants.
- Advocacy for universal access for all library users.
- Online and in-person professional development opportunities. Topics include marketing and development, outreach to Latinos, services to the blind and visually impaired, being an effective facilitator, and so much more!
- Interface, our e-newsletter for members that provides cutting-edge information and news from the field.
- Communication and networking tools: ASCLA-L listserv, ASCLA Facebook page, ASCLA Twitter and ASCLA Blog.
- Resources such as our Accessibility Toolkits and industry standards and guidelines, like our recently published revised “Standards of Service for the Library of Congress Network of Libraries for the Blind and Physically Handicapped."
- Opportunities to cultivate your leadership skills through interest groups, committee service and development of critical documents such as the Prisoners’ Right to Read statement.
- Professional recognition with awards that sing the praises of our deserving and dedicated members.
- Fun! Attend our popular social events like the ASCLA/COSLA Networking Party and Award Reception, a social gathering of ASCLA members where we celebrate accomplishments.
For more about what ASCLA does and who its members are, read about ASCLA here.
ASCLA is the glue that can hold you together in times of trouble and economic stresses; In the company of our members, you’ll never feel alone in your struggles and successes.
Join us now. It's an excellent investment in your professional future.
For information on joining ASCLA or ALA, please contact:
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
1-800- 545-2433 x4395