ASCLA Web Presence Commitee
The Web Presence Committee provides direction and guidance to the ASCLA Board on the effective use of technology tools for communicating within ASCLA and for supporting the ASCLA Strategic Plan. The committee works with ASCLA staff, committees, and sections to ensure that content on the ASCLA website is kept current and addresses ASCLA priorities. The committee is charged to:
- monitor the ASCLA website on an ongoing basis to ensure that the content is timely, accurate, relevant and complete.
- solicit new content from ASCLA units, members, and staff and work collaboratively with ASCLA staff, who will update the website according to an agreed upon timetable and deadlines
- create and implement an annual plan of activities with a timetable that will result in an increase in member use of and the continued improvement and timeliness of the website and other related ASCLA and ALA electronic communications tools, products and services.
- support ASCLA members in their efforts to use ALA Connect.
- recommend strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures to the ASCLA Board for the website and for the effective use of new technology tools.
- advocate for accessibility in the development and use of technology tools so that members of all abilities may use them.
THE WEB PRESENCE COMMITTEE CHAIR serves as the ASCLA representative to the ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC), communicating Board recommendations for improvements to the ALA website and advising the Board on activities of the WAC.
COMMITTEE SIZE: 7 members, to include a representative from each of the four sections.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: 2 years.
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to fulfill the committee charge, members should be familiar with web 2.0 tools, including ALA Connect.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/06/2013. Last retrieved on 12/06/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.