ASCLA Nominating Committee
A nominating committee is appointed by the president-elect of the division to make up a slate of candidates for each elective position that becomes vacant through expiration of a term, resignation, or death. The Nominating Committee must submit the slate to the ASCLA office by September 15th. The ASCLA office will notify the chairs of each nominating committee of the number of candidates to be nominated for each position and the length of each term.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Instructions for ASCLA Nominating Committee, 2015
- ASCLA President-Elect Overview of Responsibilities, FY2016
- Nominee Spreadsheet, 2015, ASCLA
- Online Biographical Entry Instructions, 2015
- ASCLA Election Calendar, 2015 Elections
- Election Schedule, ASCLA, 2015 elections
- 2014 Election Schedule
- Message template to send to Nominees
- ASCLA vice-president responsibilities, 2013 (one-page)
- ASCLA Vice President Orientation Manual
See RUSA or Section Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.