ASCLA Interest Group Coordinating Committee
-Approve and dissolve new or existing interest groups
-Establish policies and procedures for the creation, ongoing support and dissolution of ASCLA Interest Groups
-Represent the various interest groups’ interests at the Board.
-Serve as the official conduit between the ASCLA Interest Groups and the ASCLA Board
-Report to the Board on activities of the interest groups including but not limited to programs and products, policies, guidelines, and services
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 07/28/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- I approve the Consortia EBooks interest group.
- Handbook for ASCLA Interest Group Leaders, May 2013
- Deadline extended to June 1: proposals for 2014 programs, preconferences and institutes
- I approve the new interest group for Serving Those with Alzheimer's & Related Dementias
- ASCLA Interest Group Leader Handbook 2013
- Future of Libraries IG
- Future of Libraries Petition
- All-Committee Meeting (ASCLA)
- I approve the creation of the interest group: Library Services for Incarcerated Youth (working name)
- I approve the creation of the interest group: Bridging Deaf Cultures @ your library
See ASCLA Bylaws.
See Committee Charge.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on [insert committee name here]. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
Web Services Mgr.