Want to represent ALSC at a conference near you? You could be the connection between ALSC and new members!
ALSC is providing limited funding to members who are interested in staffing booths, presenting programs or coordinating social events at state or local conferences. Conferences must be related to library service, children’s publishing, or have some connection to library services.
Members who are interested in representing ALSC at a local conference can apply for funds by pledging to put on one of the following:
- present a program related to an ALSC initiative (such as EL día de los niños/El día de los libros, or Read! Build! Play!), an ALSC celebration, (such as the Caldecott 75th Anniversary) or membership with ALSC
- host an ALSC social event such as happy hour event for prospective members
- coordinate with other ALSC members to staff a booth
ALSC invites members to propose a state or local conference, but there are also conferences where ALSC already has plans to attend. Below is a list of conferences ALSC is either booked to attend or is considering attending. If you're interested or planning on attending one of these conferences, please fill out the Roadshow Request Form and indicate that you are interested in one of these specific conference.
Interested in joining the ALSC Roadshow, but want to know more? Check out the ALSC Roadshow Guide to Participation. This document will help answer questions about how to set up your event at local and state conferences.
Members who submit a request for funds must be aware of the following responsibilities:
- work with ALSC and the state association to promote ALSC presence
- arrange signage and materials
- distribute materials and answer questions
After the conference, successful applicants will be responsible for submitting the conference review form to the ALSC office. This form is due two weeks after the conference.
Giveaways & promotional literature
When talking about ALSC, it helps to have literature to remind prospective. Roadshow participants can receive free promotional materials from ALSC. These include:
- ALSC membership brochure
- Partner with your local library to support early learning handout
- Everyday Advocacy fliers
- ALSC ribbons
For more information on acquiring these materials, please contact Dan Bostrom in the ALSC office.
ALSC will pay only the cost of registration for individuals. ALSC will also cover the cost of a booth at a conference provided the coordinator can demonstrate proof of staffing availability throughout the conference. ALSC will provide brochures and promotion materials. Lodging, travel, and meals must be covered by the individual.
Please fill out the ALSC Roadshow Request Form at least four weeks prior to the conference. The ALSC Membership Committee will be evaluating proposals on an on-going basis. Proposals should be submitted with the following questions in mind:
- Is the proposal relevant to the work of children’s librarians?
- How much value does the proposal bring to the organization?
- Is this a conference related to the work of ALSC members?
For more information please contact Dan Bostrom, ALSC Membership Manager, 800-545-2433 ext 2164.