Want to represent ALSC at a conference near you? You could be the connection between ALSC and new members!
ALSC is providing limited funding to members who are interested in staffing booths, presenting programs or coordinating social events at state or local conferences. Conferences must be related to library service, children’s publishing, or have some connection to library services.
Submitting a proposal
Members who are interested in representing ALSC at a local conference can apply for funds by pledging to put on one of the following:
- present a program related to an ALSC initiative (such as EL día de los niños/El día de los libros, or Read! Build! Play!), an ALSC celebration, (such as the Caldecott 75th Anniversary) or membership with ALSC
- host an ALSC social event such as happy hour event for prospective members
- coordinate with other ALSC members to staff a booth
Coming to a conference near you! Know of a conference you want to attend and think that ALSC would make a good attendee? Bring us along! You know the most about your association and are therefore the most qualified to talk about it. In case you need inspiration, we've included a link with some library conference suggestions:
Attending your conference
Interested in joining the ALSC Roadshow, but want to know more? ALSC wants to make it easy for your to represent the division. Learn more about how you to manage your roadshow conference experience including utilizing ALSC resourceslike talking points, presentations and materials!
ALSC will pay only the cost of registration for individuals. ALSC will also cover the cost of a booth at a conference provided the coordinator can demonstrate proof of staffing availability throughout the conference. ALSC will provide brochures and promotion materials. Lodging, travel, and meals must be covered by the individual.
Please fill out the ALSC Roadshow Request Form at least four weeks prior to the conference. The ALSC Membership Committee will be evaluating proposals on an on-going basis. Proposals should be submitted with the following questions in mind:
- Is the proposal relevant to the work of children’s librarians?
- How much value does the proposal bring to the organization?
- Is this a conference related to the work of ALSC members?
For more information please contact Dan Bostrom, ALSC Membership Manager, 800-545-2433 ext 2164.