Want to represent ALSC at an event or conference near you? You could be the connection between ALSC and new members!
ALSC is providing limited funding to members who are interested in staffing booths, presenting programs or coordinating social events at conferences, alumni events, or even local get-tgethers. The event only need be related to library service, children’s publishing, or have some connection to library services.
Submitting a proposal
Members who are interested in representing ALSC at a conference or event can apply for funds by pledging to put on one of the following:
- present a program related to an ALSC initiative (such as EL día de los niños/El día de los libros, or Read! Build! Play!) or membership with ALSC
- host an ALSC social event such as happy hour event for prospective members
- speak about membership at an LIS alumni event
- staff a booth at a career fair or conference
- host a local get-together for youth library services professionals
Know an event like this and want to introduce ALSC to some new friends? Bring us along! You know the most about your association and are therefore the most qualified to talk about it.
The Roadshow experience
Interested in joining the ALSC Roadshow, but want to know more? ALSC wants to make it easy for your to represent the division. Learn more about how you to manage your roadshow conference experience including utilizing ALSC resources like talking points, presentations and materials!
ALSC will pay only the cost of registration for individuals. ALSC will also cover the cost of a booth at a conference provided the coordinator can demonstrate proof of staffing availability throughout the conference. ALSC will provide brochures and promotion materials. Lodging, travel, and meals must be covered by the individual.
Please fill out the ALSC Roadshow Request Form at least four weeks prior to the event or conference. The ALSC Membership Committee will be evaluating proposals on an on-going basis. Proposals should be submitted with the following questions in mind:
- Is the proposal relevant to the work of children’s librarians?
- How much value does the proposal bring to the organization?
- Is this an event or conference related to the work of ALSC members?
For more information please contact Dan Bostrom, ALSC Membership Manager, 800-545-2433 ext 2164.