Two ALSC members discuss the ins and outs of library internships and practicums.
Participants will learn more about:
- Should you consider taking an Internship/Practicum
- How to choose the right Internships/Practicum
- Pay vs. Unpaid Internships- which one is better
- How to make the most of your time (during the internship/practicum)
- What happens if you don’t like your internship/practicum or don’t like your supervisor
- How to turn an Internship/Practicum into a job!
Who Should Attend
This webinar is open to all students, ALSC members, non-members and anyone with an interest in a career in children's services.
Naphtali Faris is the Early Literacy Manager at the Kansas City (Mo.) Public Library. Cheryl Lee is the Senior Children's Librarian at the Palo Alto (Calif.) City Library.