As a personal member of ALSC, you are becoming part of one of the world’s largest groups committed to supporting and enhancing library service to children. ALSC members are dedicated professionals who at the root of their service always keep their mission of serving children in the forefront. Read our ALSC member testimonials to learn more about how ALSC membership has played a role in the lives of individuals.
Why join ALSC?
Personal members are individuals committed to creating a better future for all children. ALSC has plenty to offer its members:
Access to resources that strengthen libraries
- Apply for $82k annually in awards, scholarships and grants available only to ALSC members
- Discounts on professional products and services such as books and online courses
- Automatic subscriptions to ALSC's academic journal and newsletter
Professional development opportunities that transform careers
- Quarterly online courses that develop new skills and areas of expertise for librarians and children’s literature enthusiasts
- Webinars that present new interesting ideas in a convenient and affordable manner
- Pre-conferences, conferences, and ALSC's National Institute are all great places to advance your knowledge base and build leadership skills
Networking with individuals all across the country to create ideas and solve problems
- Access to ALSC’s social media platforms, electronic discussion list to learn about new programs and services
- Discussion sessions on ALSC’s online forum where connections are made and key issues are reviewed
Personal membership in ALSC is $45.
* Price does not include the cost of ALA membership
To become an ALSC member on line, please visit ALA membership.
To learn more about joining ALA and ALSC, please contact Dan Rude at email@example.com or (312) 280-2164.