As a personal member of ALSC, you are becoming part of one of the world’s largest groups committed to supporting and enhancing library service to children. ALSC members are dedicated professionals who at the root of their service always keep their mission of serving children in the forefront. Read our ALSC member testimonials to learn more about how ALSC membership has played a role in the lives of individuals.
Why join ALSC?
Although ALSC has four different types of membership categories, all members enjoy these benefits:
Access to resources that strengthen libraries
- Apply for $100k annually in awards, scholarships and grants available only to ALSC members
- 10% discount on professional products including ALSC books on awards, best practices and innovative programming ideas
- Travel scholarships for special events such as the National Institute and ALSC preconferences
- Access to the ALSC Annual Report, which highlights all of the important actions and activities from the previous year
- ALSC’s Everyday Advocacy website and the Everyday Advocacy Matters newsletter, designed to nurture and support all advocates of library service to children and librarians serving youth
Professional development opportunities that transform careers
- 10% discount on quarterly online courses that develop new skills and areas of expertise for librarians and children’s literature enthusiasts
- 10% discount on webinars that present new, interesting ideas in a convenient and affordable manner
- Pre-conferences, conferences, and ALSC's National Institute are all great places to advance your knowledge base and build leadership skills
- Free access to student sessions, quarterly webinars held with a special focus on student and early career advice/issues
- Periodic free webinars and webcasts presented by ALSC committees and the Friends of ALSC
Networking with individuals all across the country to create ideas and solve problems
- Connection to approximately 60k ALA members via ALA Connect, ALA’s online member network
- Access to ALSC Community Forums, held via Adobe Connect, which bring members together to discuss important issues in children’s library service
- Access to monthly #alscchat Twitter discussions hosted by the ALSC Children & Technology Committee where members explore new developments in children’s library service
- Joining members across the country in giving back to the profession through the ALSC Mentoring Program
- News, contest, and regular posts from the ALSC Blog on topics relating to children’s library service
ALSC's is September to August, and dues rates below are current from September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015.
|Category||ALSC Dues||ALA Dues||Total|
* ALA membership is $67 for the first year; $102 for the second year; $135 for the third and later years.
# Price shown for ALA at the Associate level.
Members at all levels enjoy the same benefits (see above). ALSC personal members must also be personal members of ALA. Visit ALA Membership for more information on categories and benefits.
To become an ALSC member on line, please visit ALA membership.
To learn more about joining ALA and ALSC, please contact Dan Bostrom by email or at (312) 280-2164.