Membership with ALSC
Why ALSC Membership?
Do you want to represent children and libraries around the world? Do you want to network with thousands of other organization and individuals with similar goals? Do you want to get involved in various creative programs and activities which could best serve your needs/interests?
Then ALSC is the place for you! The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) believes that we can help each other and our community to evolve/grow by coming together and serving children through libraries. ALSC is changing the way that libraries serve children around the country, from creative programming and best practices to continuing education and professional connections. Learn more about the value of ALSC membership.
Regardless of your expertise or background, you can find a way to participate. There's a place for you with ALSC! Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Submit a Committee Volunteer Form
- Write for the ALSC Blog or Children & Libraries
- Become a mentor or mentee in the ALSC Mentoring Program
- Represent ALSC in the ALSC Roadshow
Professional Development & Education
- Take part in Take Action Tuesday
- Register a Día program
- Participate in virtual National Library Legislative Day
Networking & Connections
- By joining ALSC you connect to a network of over 4,000 organizations and individuals dedicated to creating a better future for all children through libraries.
- Come to an ALSC Community Forum
- Tweet your ideas in an #alscchat Twitter discussion
- Join in the conversation on ALSC-L
- Sign up for the Every Child Ready to Read Ning
- Apply for a scholarship, grant, or award
- Volunteer to be the ALSC Blog Member of the Month
- Submit a proposal to be present at a conference
- Send in your personal, career news and program ideas to ALSC Matters!
- Enter an ALSC Blog or Facebook contest
- Create a program video and submit it to the ALSC YouTube page
- As a non-profit organization, ALSC relies on the generosity of members to extend support to key initiatives. Friends of ALSC was created to ensure excellence in the Association's traditional programs and services and to support growth in new directions as our profession meets them exciting challenges of the 21st century.