Día 201: Community Partnerships, Marketing, and Funding
Learn how to expand on your El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Dia) programming by taking Dia beyond the library walls. Participants will discuss large scale Dia events, strategies for community collaboration, grant opportunities, and ideas for creating a Dia “season” or year-round Dia-related events.
- Participants will learn about large-scale Día events.
- Participants will learn about ways to expand their Libraries’ Día offerings.
- Participants will discuss marketing strategies to increase participation in Día events.
- Participants will review grant sources and other funding opportunities for Día programs.
- Participants will review and have an opportunity to brainstorm opportunities for partnerships and collaborations in Día events.
- Participants will have the opportunity to share ideas for successful Día events with colleagues.
Who Should Attend
Children's librarians and library paraprofessional and support staff in public and school libraries interested in Día.
Sally Miculek is the Children’s Services Coordinator at the Austin Public Library. She has worked for several years with organizers of the large Día event in Austin to coordinate supporting Día activities and programs throughout the Library system in weeks leading up to April 30th. A Spanish speaker, Sally has presented Spanish and bilingual storytimes in several branches throughout Austin, and has served as the youth Spanish materials selector at APL as well as the Spanish Materials Selector at the Dallas Public Library. Sally recently completed an ALSC appointment to the 2011 Pura Belpre Award Selection Committee.
Credits &/or CEUs
College credit nor CEU's are available at this time.
Interested in sponsoring this course? Contact Jenny Najduch, ALSC Program Officer, at the email or phone number above.