Every year hundreds of libraries and schools celebrate the multicultural family literacy initiative El día de los niños/El día de los libros, informally known as “Día.” Whether your library has celebrated in the past or plans on celebrating this year, this practical webinar will help you to get a head start on your planning. We’ll cover Día’s history, explore program ideas big and small, discuss recommended resources, and hear the true story of a librarian’s very first Día.
- Learners will be informed on the history of Día, and how the celebration has grown over the last 15 years.
- Learners will be shown different practical ideas for celebrations.
- Learners will receive information on Día resources.
- Learners will gain understanding on the importance of Día.
- Learners will see that Día can be celebrated on any scale with any budget!
Who Should Attend
Children's librarians and library paraprofessional and support staff in public and school libraries interested in Día.
Beatriz Pascual Wallace, MLIS Children's Librarian Seattle Public Library
Credits &/or CEUs
College credit nor CEU's are available at this time.
Interested in sponsoring this course? Contact Jenny Najduch, ALSC Program Officer, at the email or phone number above.