ALSC hosts quarterly online forums for members called community rorums. These community forums are held on ALSC's web conference software, Adobe Connect. During the forum participants can chat live with members of the ALSC Board and the ALSC President. Members who cannot participate in the live chat can submit questions via email (Dan Rude, email@example.com) or Twitter (use the hashtag #alscforum). A transcript is also provided after the chat is finished.
Topic: new media in libraries
Access the recorded webcasts from August 20 & 21 (ALSC members only; ALA log-in required)
Topic: Caldecott 75th Anniversary
Access the recorded webcasts from May 9 & 14 (ALSC members only; ALA log-in required)
Topic: eBooks and children’s services
2/26 Community Forum Transcript (log-in required)
12/3 Community Forum Transcript (log-in required)
12/5 discussion moved to ALSC-L electronic discussion list
Topic: online participation
4/10 Community Forum Transcript (log-in required)
Topic: ALSC Membership Meeting
2/22 Community Forum Transcript (log-in required)
Topic: division news
*Please note that these forums took place in Adobe Connect and not ALA Connect. See the Using Adobe Connect section below for more information.
Using Adobe Connect
ALSC is now using Adobe Connect for to host its Community Forums. Adobe Connect is an easy-to-use web conferencing software that includes video and chat features. For more information on how it works, the Adobe website has a quick overview.
- Prior to the forum, ALSC members will recieve an email with a URL link to the forum.
- When you click on the link, it will give you the option to enter as a Guest, and you will be prompted you to enter your name. After entering your first and last name, please click “Enter Room.”
- Please do not enter the meeting room until 15 minutes before the forum is scheduled to begin.
- Prior to the forum, you can test your connection with Adobe Connect.
- Emails will only be sent to personal ALSC members. As these forums are a benefit to members, ALSC asks that you do not share the link with anyone else.
- If you do not receive an email from ALSC, please contact the ALSC office, by phone, 800-545-2433 ext 2163 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org