ALSC offered numerous online opportunities for those who wanted to learn more about Caldecott, illustrators, and children's book art.
**THIS IS AN ARCHIVED LIST OF EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST***
Caldecott 75 Blog Notes
Those who were interested could stay on top of celebration news and join the conversation at ALSC's Caldecott anniversary blog spot.
Facebook Forums with Caldecott-Winning Authors
- David Wiesner - Thurs., Nov. 29 @ 11 am ET [PDF]
- Melissa Sweet - Thurs., Jan. 10 @ 11 am ET [PDF]
- Laura Vaccaro Seeger - Tues., Feb. 26 @ 11 am ET [PDF]
- John Rocco - Wed., Mar. 6 @ 1 pm ET [PDF]
- Peter Brown - Thurs., Mar. 28 @ 1 pm ET [PDF]
- Kadir Nelson - Thurs., May 2 @ 12 pm ET [PDF]
- David Ezra Stein - Tues., Jun. 11 @ 1 pm ET [PDF]
As a special benefit to members for this celebration, four webinars were offered free to ALSC members. Although the webinars have already taken place, they are now available as webcasts (webinar recordings).
Get to Know the Caldecott Winners
Join this curated documentary with ALSC Past President and Caldecott expert Kathleen Horning as she shares stories about some of the winning books and illustrators while we watch and listen to a handful of films and audio interviews with the winning illustrators, created by TeachingBooks.net Executive Director Nick Glass. Attendees will learn about these amazing illustrators and have a new context to teach, discuss, and enjoy these distinguished books. Instructors: Kathleen T. Horning and Nick Glass