Odyssey Award submission process
Odyssey Award Submission Process
How to submit recordings for consideration for the Odyssey Award:
- The committee is only considering recordings release between November 1, 2014 – October 31, 2015.
- Review the terms and criteria.
- Please download and complete the Information Verification Submission Form for each entry.
- Mail one copy of the recording and a completed form to the ALSC office (ATTN: Odyssey Award, 50 East Huron, Chicago, IL 60611-2795).
- Mail one copy of the recording and a completed form to the committee chair. Address information can be found on the Information Verification Form.
- ALSC membership is not a requirement to submit your work and there is not an entry fee for the Odyssey Award.
The ALSC office requests one copy be sent to the ALSC office and one copy to the committee chair. Standards are in place for the committee members to review and share submissions. If you are submitting for multiple awards, only one copy needs to be sent to the ALSC office.
Neither the ALSC office nor the committee chair can confirm receipt of submissions. If you would like to confirm delivery receipt of your submission please use a tracking number for your package. Submissions that are dropped off in- person to the ALSC office will not be accepted.
The ALSC office cannot answer eligibility questions or advise on which award or committee your submission is eligible for. It is up to you to review the terms and criteria and if you feel you qualify, submit as appropriate. Eligibility is determined by the committee and is confidential.
The book and media awards are announced each year at ALA’s Midwinter Meeting in January. The materials received by the ALSC office throughout the year will be used for ALSC’s Bookapalooza Program. The Bookapalooza Program selects three libraries to receive a Bookapalooza collection of these materials to be used in a way that creatively enhances their library service to children and families.
Deadline for submitting works is October 31, 2015.
The final list will be announced immediately following the American Library Association's Midwinter Meeting, usually held in late January. The list will be posted to the ALSC website.