Priority Group VII - Professional Development
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- "Children and Libraries" going quarterly, adding digital format
- Hayes, Baker & Taylor Awards Submission Deadline November 30
- Coming Soon! Everyday Advocacy Matters eNewsletter
- Bookjoy Around the World, October 18-20
- Ben Alire Sáenz, David Díaz to Receive Prestigious Belpré Medal for Excellence in Latino Children’s Literature
- 2013 ALSC Awards Presentation
- 2013 ALSC Newbery, Caldecott, Wilder Awards Banquet
- Charlemae Rollins President's Program: Think with Your Eyes!
- A Wild Ride: 75 Years of the Caldecott Medal
- DIY Video Creation
Priority Group VII consists of one consultant appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving a 2-year term.
Committees, Discussion Groups and Task Forces in Priority Group VII
- Children and Libraries Editorial Advisory Committee
- Children & Technology Committee
- Children's Book Discussion Group
- Children's Collection Management Discussion Group
- Collections of Children's Books for Adult Research Discussion Group
- Education Committee
- Managing Children's Services Committee
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group
- Special Collections and Bechtel Fellowship
- Storytelling Discussion Group
- Digital Content Task Force
Established in 1998 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.