Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2012. Last retrieved on 04/22/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALSC MCS February 2018 Meeting Notes
- ALSC MCS December 2017 Meeting Notes
- ALSC MCS November 2017 Meeting Notes
- ALSC MCS October 2017 Meeting Notes
- ALSC MCS September 2017 Meeting Notes
- Annual Report
- June Chat Meeting Reminder
- Next Chat Meeting Friday 5/10
- Chat Meeting Reminder: Mon 4/15
- Chat Meeting Reminder: Tue 3/12
The Managing Children's Services Committee consists of a chair, plus nine members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, plus one LLAMA liaison, all of whom function virtually, serving 2-year terms. (Chair + 9 + 1 LLAMA Liaison)
Established in 1990 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.