To review the elements considered essential to the formal academic and continuing education of children's librarians. To inform the ALSC Board of members' needs and concerns regarding continuing education, and to assist in the initiation of programs and new publications to meet these needs and concerns. To represent ALSC at appropriate ALA committees, councils, and assemblies, and to serve as a liaison to these bodies as directed by the ALSC board. To be responsible for periodic review of ALSC Competencies.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 03/18/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALSC Education Committee Quarterly Report - February 2018
- ALSC Education Committee - December 15th Quarterly Report
- September 15th Quarterly Report - Education Committee
- Transcript of June 2 Meeting
- Summary of June 2 meeting
- ALSC Education Committee Year-End Report (2016-2017)
- Education Committee Report - December 15, 2016 - Feburary 15, 2017
- Transcript of January 6, 2017 Meeting
- Understanding Leveling Systems
- May 15 2013 Quarterly Report
The Education Committee, a virtual committee, consists of two co-chairs plus five members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving two-year terms. The co-chairs are appointed in alternating years.
Established in 1979 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.