Managing Children's Services Discussion Group
To provide a forum for discussion of concerns of ALSC members that relate to managing children's services, to provide an opportunity to share management expertise, and to lend support to children's specialists, especially those new to ALA/ALSC.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Announcing 2016 Empire State Award Winner
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group- no meeting at Annual 2015
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group at 2015 Midwinter
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group - No Meeting at ALA
- Midwinter 2014 Minutes from Meeting
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group meeting notes 6.27.2010
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group Meeting in Washington D.C.
- Managing Children's Services Discussion Group Meeting in Boston
- Managing Children’s Services Discussion Group - Minutes from July 12th
- Meeting in Chicago
The Managing Children's Services Discussion Group is open to all interested ALSC members and is led by a discussion group convenor.
Established in 1980 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.