To identify and disseminate information to ALSC members on how to build effective, cooperative, and/or innovative partnerships with organizations whose resources complement or support Youth Services. To collaborate as appropriate with other ALSC committees, other associations, and community agencies serving young children to initiate similar activities and projects.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 03/22/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- March Blog Post for Committee Review
- 2018 Midwinter Conference Building Partnerships Meeting Notes
- Project Outcome webinar notes - Working with Partners: How to Plan for Collaborative Outcome Measurement
- Midwinter Agenda--Comments & Additions Welcome
- List of Organizations
- Building Partnerships Chat 1/4
- ALSC Blog entries needed
- December 15 Quarterly Report Building Partnerships
- September Quarterly Report
- February 15 2017 Quarterly Reporting Form
The Building Partnerships committee consists of two co-chairs plus fourteen members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving two-year terms. The co-chairs also serve two-year terms and are appointed in alternating years. (2 co-chairs + 14)
Established in 1968 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.