Odyssey Award Selection Committee - 2017
Displaying active committee roster as of 01/16/2017. Last retrieved on 01/16/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Storyteller Carmen Agra Deedy at ALA Midwinter
- Sustainability Round Table of ALA
- Preschool Services Discussion Group - ALA Annual 2016
- 2016 Empire State Award Winner Announced
- PRESCHOOL SERVICES DISCUSSION GROUP
- Report from the Notable children's Book committte
- 2015 ALSC Board of Directors' Midwinter Meeting Agenda and Documents
- 2014 Annual Conference Executive Committee Agenda and Documents
- ALSC 2014 Annual Conference Board of Directors Meeting Agenda and Documents
- Volunteer for the ALSC Booth at Annual Conference
The Odyssey Award Selection Committee consists nine members: four members appointed by ALSC; four appointed by YALSA; a chair whose appointment alternates between ALSC and YALSA, with a non-voting consultant from the staff Booklist. Members serve a one-year term beginning immediately after Midwinter and ending after Midwinter of the announcement year. (Chair + 8, plus Booklist consultant)
The 2017 Committee is reviewing audiobooks published between November 1, 2015, and October 31, 2016, for the 2017 awards
The 2017 award winners will be announced in January 2017.
Established in 2006 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.