Priority Group V consists of a consultant appointed annually from the ALSC membership at large, serving a 2-year overlapping term.
Committees and Task Forces in Priority Group V
- Award Manual Revision Task Force
- Batchelder Award Evolution Task Force
- (Mildred L.) Batchelder Award Selection Committee
- (Pura) Belpré Award Selection Committee
- Pura Belpré Expansion Task Force
- (Randolph) Caldecott Award Selection Committee
- (Theodor Seuss) Geisel Award Selection Committee
- (John) Newbery Award Selection Committee
- Odyssey Award Selection Committee
- (Robert F.) Sibert Informational Book Award Selection Committee
- (Laura Ingalls) Wilder Award Selection Committee
Established in 1983 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.