Priority Group V - Awards
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- "Children and Libraries" going quarterly, adding digital format
- Hayes, Baker & Taylor Awards Submission Deadline November 30
- Coming Soon! Everyday Advocacy Matters eNewsletter
- Bookjoy Around the World, October 18-20
- Ben Alire Sáenz, David Díaz to Receive Prestigious Belpré Medal for Excellence in Latino Children’s Literature
- DIY Video Creation
- A Wild Ride: 75 Years of the Caldecott Medal
- 2013 ALSC Newbery, Caldecott, Wilder Awards Banquet
- 2013 ALSC Awards Presentation
- Charlemae Rollins President's Program: Think with Your Eyes!
Priority Group V consists of one consultant appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving a 2-year term.
Committees and Task Forces in Priority Group V
- (Mildred L.) Batchelder Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (Pura) Belpré Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (Randolph) Caldecott Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (Theodor Seuss) Geisel Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (John) Newbery Award Selection Committee - 2014
- Odyssey Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (Robert F.) Sibert Informational Book Award Selection Committee - 2014
- (Laura Ingalls) Wilder Award Selection Committee - 2015
- Award Service and Social Media Review Task Force
- Belpré 20th Anniversary Celebration Task Force
- Belpré Criteria Questions Task Force
- Book Award Seals on E-book Versions Task Force
- Caldecott Medal 75th Anniversary Task Force
- Frequency of the Wilder Award Task Force
Established in 1983 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.