(Robert F.) Sibert Informational Book Award Selection Committee - 2015
Displaying active committee roster as of 04/19/2014. Last retrieved on 04/19/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2014 ALSC Executive Committee Spring Call Agenda and Documents
- ALSC Networking and Happy Hour @ PLA 2014 Conference
- "Children and Libraries" going quarterly, adding digital format
- Hayes, Baker & Taylor Awards Submission Deadline November 30
- Coming Soon! Everyday Advocacy Matters eNewsletter
- Bookjoy Around the World, October 18-20
- Ben Alire Sáenz, David Díaz to Receive Prestigious Belpré Medal for Excellence in Latino Children’s Literature
- DIY Video Creation
- 2013 ALSC Awards Presentation
- Charlemae Rollins President's Program: Think with Your Eyes!
The Sibert Informational Book Award Selection Committee consists of nine members: one chair and three members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, and five members elected by the ALSC membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 8)
The 2015 Sibert Award Committee is reviewing books published in 2014 for the 2015 award.
The 2015 award winners will be announced in January 2015.
Established in 2000 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.