Displaying active committee roster as of 12/10/2017. Last retrieved on 12/10/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Preschool Discussion Group 2017 ALA Annual Report
- 2017 ALSC PREconference - June 23, 2017
- Storyteller Carmen Agra Deedy at ALA Midwinter
- Sustainability Round Table of ALA
- Preschool Services Discussion Group - ALA Annual 2016
- 2016 Empire State Award Winner Announced
- PRESCHOOL SERVICES DISCUSSION GROUP
- Report from the Notable children's Book committte
- 2015 ALSC Board of Directors' Midwinter Meeting Agenda and Documents
- 2014 Annual Conference Executive Committee Agenda and Documents
The Sibert Informational Book Award Selection Committee consists of nine members: one chair and three members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, and five members elected by the ALSC membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 8)
The 2018 Committee is reviewing books published in 2017 for the 2018 awards.
Established in 2000 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.