Displaying active committee roster as of 03/21/2018. Last retrieved on 03/21/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Preschool Discussion Group 2017 ALA Annual Report
- 2017 ALSC PREconference - June 23, 2017
- Storyteller Carmen Agra Deedy at ALA Midwinter
- Sustainability Round Table of ALA
- Preschool Services Discussion Group - ALA Annual 2016
- 2016 Empire State Award Winner Announced
- PRESCHOOL SERVICES DISCUSSION GROUP
- Report from the Notable children's Book committte
- 2015 ALSC Board of Directors' Midwinter Meeting Agenda and Documents
- 2014 Annual Conference Executive Committee Agenda and Documents
The Belpré Award Selection Committee consists of seven members, three appointed from the ALSC membership at large and three appointed from the REFORMA membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 6)
The chair alternates: REFORMA appoints in even years; ALSC appoints in odd years.
The 2018 Belpré Award Committee reviewed books published in 2017 for the 2018 awards.
The 2018 award winners were announced in February 2018.
Established in 1996 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors and the REFORMA Board.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.