(Pura) Belpré Award Selection Committee - 2017
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/24/2016. Last retrieved on 05/24/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2016 Empire State Award Winner Announced
- PRESCHOOL SERVICES DISCUSSION GROUP
- Report from the Notable children's Book committte
- 2015 ALSC Board of Directors' Midwinter Meeting Agenda and Documents
- 2014 Annual Conference Executive Committee Agenda and Documents
- ALSC 2014 Annual Conference Board of Directors Meeting Agenda and Documents
- Volunteer for the ALSC Booth at Annual Conference
- 2014 ALSC Executive Committee Spring Call Agenda and Documents
- ALSC Networking and Happy Hour @ PLA 2014 Conference
- 2014 Midwinter ALSC Board of Directors Meeting Agenda and Documents
The Belpré Award Selection Committee consists of seven members, three appointed from the ALSC membership at large and three appointed from the REFORMA membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 6)
The 2017 Belpré Award Committee is reviewing books published in 2016 for the 2017 awards.
The 2017 award winners will be announced in January 2017.
Established in 1996 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors and the REFORMA Board.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.