(John) Newbery Award Selection Committee - 2015
Displaying active committee roster as of 11/22/2014. Last retrieved on 11/22/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2015 Newbery Award Selection Committee Notes from Meetings at Annual Conference in Las Vegas
- 2015 Newbery Award Selection Committee Quartely Report - September 15, 2014
- 2015 Newbery Committee - Agendas for meetings at ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas
- 2015 Newbery Committee Quarterly Report - May 15, 2014
- 2015 Newbery Award Committee Meeting II (ALSC)
- 2015 Newbery Award Committee Meeting I (ALSC)
- 2015 Newbery Committee Quarterly Report - February 15, 2014
- 2014 Midwinter Meeting Minutes
- 2015 Newbery Award Committee Meeting (ALSC)
- 2013 Newbery Award Committee Meeting I (ALSC)
The Newbery Award Selection Committee consists of 15 members: one chair and 6 members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, and 8 members elected by the ALSC membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 14)
Established in 1922 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.