Organization and Bylaws Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 12/05/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Frontier Five Motions - June 26th ALSC Board Meeting
- Organization and Bylaws Committee Meeting (ALSC)
- The Frontier Five
- 2011 Annual Meeting ALSC Board of Directors Meeting Follow-Up
- 2011 Annual Conference Post-Conference Committee Report
- 2011 ALSC O&B Midwinter Post-Conference Report
- 2011 Midwinter Conference Agenda-ALSC Organization and Bylaws
- 2010 Midwinter Post Conference Report
The Organization and Bylaws Committee consists of five members, including two co-chairs who are appointed in alternating years. Knowledge and understanding of division's objectives, organization, and committee structure preferred. (2 Co-Chairs + 3)
Members are appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee co-chairs.
Established at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.