To select, annotate, and present for publication an annual list of notable audio recordings of interest to children. To reevaluate and recommend change as needed in the ALSC criteria for selection of recordings of interest to children. To identify titles for consideration by other committees evaluating for a specific clientele or purpose. To carry on other audio recording evaluation projects as assigned by the ALSC Board.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 12/12/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- NCR1Dec 15 2017 Quarterly Report
- NCR18 Sept 15 2017 Quarterly Report
- 2018 Notable Children's Recordings Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Notable Children's Recordings Annual Discussion List + Agenda
- September 15, 2015 Committee Report
- 2016 Notable Children's Recordings Committee Meeting II (ALSC)
- 2016 Notable Children's Recordings Committee Meeting I (ALSC)
- 2015 Notable Children's Recordings Committee Meeting III (ALSC)
- 2015 Notable Children's Recordings Committee Meeting II (ALSC)
- 2015 Notable Children's Recordings Committee Meeting I (ALSC)
The Notable Children's Recordings Committee consists of nine members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 8)
Established in 1974 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.