Public Awareness Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 01/31/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Agenda for PAC Meeting at 2015 ALA Midwinter (Chicago)
- ALSC Public Awareness Committee minutes ALA Annual 2014
- 2013 Annual Meeting Post-Conference Notes
- Multicultural Programming for Tweens and Families
- ALSC Public Awareness Committee in Anaheim
- Pre-Conference Agenda for the Public Awareness Committee, New Orleans 2011
- Midwinter Conference Report 2011
- Public Awareness Agenda for Midwinter
- 2010 PAC Post-MidWinter Report
- Dia Survey Draft 2/1/10
The Public Awareness Committee consists of nine members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 8)
Established in 2007 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.