Public Awareness Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 04/24/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALSC Public Awareness Committee ALA Annual 2016 Minutes
- ALSC Public Awareness Committee ALA Annual 2016 Agenda
- Public Awareness Committee May 2016 Report
- Public Awareness Committee February 2016 Report
- Minutes of PAC Meeting at ALA Midwinter 2016 Boston
- Agenda for PAC Meeting at ALA Midwinter 2016 Boston
- Public Awareness Committee December 2015 Report
- Public Awareness Committee September 2015 Report
- Minutes from ALA Annual 2015 ALSC Public Awareness Committee Meeting
- Agenda for PAC Meeting at ALA Annual 2015 San Francisco
The Public Awareness Committee consists of nine members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 8)
Established in 2007 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.