Library Service to Special Population Children and Their Caregivers Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2014. Last retrieved on 01/24/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Sensory Storytime Pinterest board
- Book list - Children with Incarcerated Parents
- ALA Annual programs on services to special populations
- Quarterly report - May 2015
- Quarterly report - February 2015
- Updated committee ALSC blog schedule
- Midwinter 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Toolkit for Serving Special Populations
- Quarterly Report September 2014
- December Quarterly Report
The Library Service to Special Population Children and Their Caregivers Committee consists of seven members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 6)
Established in 1964 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.