Advocacy and Legislation Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 08/20/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Joint Legislation Committee Meeting (AASL / ALSC / YALSA)
- ALSC Advocacy and Legislation Committee
- COL/ALA Legislative Assembly Joint Meeting
- 2011 Annual Meeting Post-Conference Report
- 2011 Annual Meeting Agenda
- 2011 Midwinter Meeting Post-Conference Report for Legislation Assemble Subcommittee Meeting
- 2011 Midwinter Meeting Post-Conference Report
The Legislation Committee consists of seven members appointed from the ALSC membership at large, serving 3-year terms and led by the committee chair. (Chair + 6)
Established in 1974 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.