Displaying active committee roster as of 02/24/2018. Last retrieved on 02/24/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Midwinter 2017 - ALSC IF Committee Meeting Minutes
- 2017-02 ALSC IFC Quarterly Report
- ALSC IF Committee Agenda - Midwinter 2017
- Draft Suggestion for IF Training Framework
- ALA Annual 2016 - ALSC IF Committee Meeting Minutes
- Kids, Know Your Rights - A Summary
- ALSC IF Committee Agenda - Annual 2016
- ALSC IF Committee Meeting Agenda, Midwinter 2016
- Junk Food, Beer & Books: Intellectual Freedom in a Commercialized World
- ALSC Intellectual Freedom Committee Annual Meeting Agenda 2012
The Intellectual Freedom committee consists of five members appointed from the ALSC membership at large serving two-year terms and led by two committee co-chairs. The co-chairs also serve two-year terms and are appointed in alternating years; additionally, one co-chair shall serve as ALSC's liaison with ALA's Freedom to Read foundation and the other as ALSC's liaison with ALA's Intellectual Freedom committee. (2 co-chairs + 5)
Established in 1974 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
ALSC and ALA value committed and active committee members. Qualified ALSC members are welcome to volunteer to serve on ALSC's committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other ALSC committees by filling out an ALSC committee volunteer form. Depending on the committee, appointments take place either in the spring or fall. Accordingly, committee service begins either following Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.