The Library of Congress is pleased to announce that a new version of the CIP Data Block, the cataloging information printed by publishers at the front of the book, has been implemented by the Catal
ALCTS Midwinter Games Winners
Several ALCTS members participated in the Midwinter Games Trivia Contest while enjoying the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia.
The winners are...
- The grand prize for the ALCTS Trivia Contest on Twitter (http://twitter.com/alcts) goes to: Kevin Sweeney! (twitter.com/kevcetera). Kevin answered the most questions posted on Twitter correctly to win a four-night hotel stay during the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas.
- 2nd: Melissa DeWild (twitter.com/meldewild). Melissa won a free individual registration for all ALCTS webinars held between Feb. 1, 2014 and Aug. 31, 2014.
- 3rd: Jennifer Peters (twitter.com/jpeters2511). Jennifer won a $225 ALCTS Continuing Education Certificate to use towards one ALCTS preconference, two ALCTS web courses, or six ALCTS webinars
- 4th: Autumn Faulkner (twitter.com/autumnalia). Autumn won a complete set of the Sudden Selectors Guides, published by ALCTS.
- 5th: Erin Leach (twitter.com/erinaleach). Erin won breakfast with the three ALCTS Presidents (past, present, future) and ALCTS Executive Director at the 2014 Annual Conference in Las Vegas.
Members also snapped photos throughout the conference in an effort to win the ALCTS Scavenger Hunt on Flickr. The winners, listed with their Flickr usernames, are:
- Miranda Nixon, (tempermiranda). Miranda, pictured at right, won the grand prize, registration reimbursement for the 2014 ALA Midwinter Meeting.
- 2nd: Chelcie Rowell (ararebit) and Autumn Faulkner (AutumnFaulkner). Chelcie and Autumn each won a $75 ALA store voucher.
- 3rd: Erin Boyd (eeboyd), Cate Booth (library_cate) and Lisa Spagnolo (L-Spag). Erin, Cate, and Lisa each won an ALCTS membership voucher for one year.
See all the photos on the ALCTS Flickr group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/alctsmw14/).