ALCTS Seeks Nominations for 2015 Publications Awards
Deadline approaching for ALCTS microgrants
The ALCTS microgrant application deadline is June 2, less than a week away. All ALCTS members in good standing are eligible to submit a proposal. The grants are designed to support and encourage innovative practices, emerging technologies and innovation in collections. The microgrants are intended for small projects or research initiatives in support of transforming collections.
Ideas include: innovative collection strategies, evolution of role of collection managers, content creation, shared collections, shifts in collection formats, trends, and impacts affecting collection management
Two microgrants up to $1,500 may be funded annually. Applications will be accepted through Monday, June 2.
Information about previous grant recipients and a link to the application can be found at: http://www.ala.org/alcts/ianda/transcol
Microgrant proposals should be no more than one page in length and should include:
A title for the project
- A statement describing how the project or research initiative supports transforming collections. (up to 200 words)
- A clear and concise description (up to 500 words) of the project or research initiative.
- A preliminary budget that should not include travel, entertainment or meals, payment for existing staff, conference programming or speaker fees.
- One designated principal investigator with complete contact information. Co-principals are acceptable.
- Proposals are to be submitted to the ALCTS Transforming Collections Task Force by June 2, 2014. More information and a link to the application can be found on this page: http://www.ala.org/alcts/ianda/transcol
- Microgrant proposals will be reviewed for their completeness, clarity and statement of support of ALCTS efforts to foster innovation in collections.
- Microgrant proposals should be no more than one page in length.
- Microgrant recipients will be announced and microgrant information posted on the ALCTS website by July 1, 2014.
- Each microgrant recipient will submit a brief mid-year budget update and progress report to coincide with ALA Midwinter 2015.
- Each microgrant is to be completed within one year of notification of funding, concluding with a concise report of finding, in any form appropriate, to the ALCTS Transforming Collections Task Force by June 30, 2015.
- Each microgrant report of finding will be distributed to the ALCTS membership.
For more information on the ALCTS microgrants or to apply for one, please contact Lisa German, Transforming Collections Task Force Chair (email@example.com) or Kady Ferris, Microgrant Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)