by Elizabeth Brown
Even the most savvy selector knows there are challenges in creating and maintaining a balanced collection, and for new selectors in the field of chemistry, the obstacles may seem insurmountable. Not so! This volume in the Sudden Selector’s series provides valuable strategies and insights for both the new and seasoned selector. Elizabeth Brown shares her wealth of experience as a chemistry librarian, both conceptual and practical:
- the organization and practice of chemistry
- analysis of existing collections
- research habits of chemists
- resource lists covering classic texts to core journals and series
- visual tools and chemical nomenclature
- selection strategies and fund management
- current awareness
The volume is packed with specific and timely examples, and will benefit any selector with responsibility for chemistry collection development.
Published by: ALCTS | ©2012 | 6" x 9"
softcover. ISBN: 978-0-8389-8591-5 | $28.50 | order from ALA Online Store
PDF e-book. ISBN: 978-0-8389-9591-4 | $13.50 | order from ALA Online Store