Library Resources & Technical Services
Sudden Selector's Guides
Two series that introduce library staff to the procedures, operations, and potential difficulties staff will encounter on-the-job with practical information and advice.
Online collection of white papers and think-pieces by library technical services professionals for their peers.
Please note that this publication is no longer active.
An annual article containing the prices of U.S. and foreign published materials compiled by the members of the Library Materials Price Index Editorial Board.
For ALCTS Authors
Browse ALCTS Publications
- Core Competencies for Cataloging and Metadata Professional Librarians (January 2017)
- Guidelines for Standardized Cataloging for Children, 5th (November 2010)
- Research Topics (September 2008)
- Guidelines on When to Create a New Record (August 2007)
- Development of a Spanish Subject Headings List (July 2007)
- RDA: Project Manager's Perspective (April 2007)
- Managing Microforms in the Digital Age (August 2013)
- Syllabus for Serials and Integrating Resources Cataloging (August 2012)
- Sudden Selectors Guides (2007–)
- Collection Assessment Resources (May 2011)
- Collection Connection: The Library Collection Management Blog (March 2011)
- Moderately Risky Business: Challenging Librarians to Assume More Risk (June 2009)
- Collection Development Guides (June 2009)
- Resources on Collections (September 2008)
- Preservation Education Directory (Continously updated)
- Minimum Digitization Capture Guidelines (June 2013)
- Planning and Constructing Book and Paper Conservation Laboratories: A Guidebook (August 2012)
- Digital Audio Metadata Standards, revised (August 2011)
- Definitions of Digital Preservation (June 2009)
- Guide to the ANSI/NISO/LBI Library Binding Standard (March 2009)
- Disaster Preparedness Clearinghouse (February 2009)
- ALA Preservation Policy 2008 (September 2008)
- Preservation Manager's Guide to Cost Analysis (September 2008)