- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
Many of us have been affected by budget cuts and other factors that have made technical service librarians have to do more with less. But what if your task list is miles long and growing longer every day? This e-forum will discuss tips, techniques, and tools of effective time and project management for technical services librarians.
- Identify resources that can help librarians manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Discuss shortcuts or workflow changes that could streamline projects.
- Identify previous experiences from other librarians that could be easily implemented at the participant’s institution.
Who Should Attend
Any librarian who is interested in time and project management.
Heather Fisher is the Metadata / Catalog Librarian at Saginaw Valley State University. She also serves as a subject liaison to three departments, and was previously a youth services librarian. Heather holds degrees in music performance, music history, and library science.
Beth Johns is the E-Resources Librarian at Saginaw Valley State University. She serves as subject liaison to communication, criminal justice, modern foreign languages, and the three engineering departments at SVSU. Beth also spends a small amount of time at the reference desk and provides information literacy instruction as needed.
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.