Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2012. Last retrieved on 04/25/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Slides: Linked Data Initiatives at NLM
- Program Slides: Breaking the Bottleneck
- Metadata Interest Group 2015 Midwinter presentations feedback form
- Agenda for Midwinter 2015 meeting (Chicago)
- Position Available: Ohio State University Libraries Diversity Resident of Metadata Transformation
- Metadata Interest Group
- Seeking new Metadata Interest Group liaison to the Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access
- ALCTS Metadata Interest Group ALA Midwinter 2015 Meeting Program
- Program Slides: Metadata and Indicators for Open Access
- Program Slides: Metadata Beyond the Library: Consultation and Collaboration with Faculty, Staff and Students
The Metadata Interest Group consists of from four to six officers and two liaisons appointed from the membership at large, serving from one- to two-year terms and led by a chair and chair-elect.
The origins of the Metadata Resource Group can be traced to Digital Resources Committee, which was established in 1995 by members of the ALCTS Computer Files Discussion Group. In 1998 the ALCTS Board asked the committee to review its charge and to modify its name to reflect the increase in metadata development happening worldwide. At that time the group changed its name to Networked Resources and Metadata Committee. In 2003, the Committee became an Interest Group, and in 2009 the group changed its name to Metadata Interest Group.
ALCTS values committed and active members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the Metadata Interest Group. Members interested in serving should be active within ALA, possess a background or demonstrated interest in metadata, and be willing to commit to 1 or 2 years of service. Even if you can't serve, please join our ALA Connect space to stay informed and participate in between-meeting events.