Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 07/24/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Metadata Interest Group Election Results
- Program Slides: Creating Inclusive and Discoverable Metadata: Practices at Fresno State
- Program Slides: Digital Library North: Engaging with communities to develop culturally appropriate and aware Metadata
- Metadata Interest Group ALAAC16 Program & Business Meeting
- Call for Officer Elections at ALA Annual 2016
- Metadata Interest Group Meeting Notes from ALA Midwinter and ALA Annual 2015
- Final Call for Presentations - ALCTS Metadata Interest Group - ALA Annual 2016: ‘Diverse and inclusive metadata: Developing cultural competencies in descriptive practices’
- ALCTS Metadata Interest Group ALA Midwinter 2016 Program Announcement
- Program Slides: Using Metadata Skills for a Course Inventory
- Program Slides: Metadata for Project Gutenberg Using GitHub
The Metadata Interest Group consists of from four to six officers and two liaisons appointed from the membership at large, serving from one- to two-year terms and led by a chair and chair-elect.
The origins of the Metadata Resource Group can be traced to Digital Resources Committee, which was established in 1995 by members of the ALCTS Computer Files Discussion Group. In 1998 the ALCTS Board asked the committee to review its charge and to modify its name to reflect the increase in metadata development happening worldwide. At that time the group changed its name to Networked Resources and Metadata Committee. In 2003, the Committee became an Interest Group, and in 2009 the group changed its name to Metadata Interest Group.
ALCTS values committed and active members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the Metadata Interest Group. Members interested in serving should be active within ALA, possess a background or demonstrated interest in metadata, and be willing to commit to 1 or 2 years of service. Even if you can't serve, please join our ALA Connect space to stay informed and participate in between-meeting events.