Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 03/23/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Call for Proposals on the Topic of Linked Open Data Implementation!
- Metadata Interest Group - Midwinter 2018 - Presentation slides
- Metadata Interest Group Agenda - ALA MW 2018 (Denver)
- Program Slides: Lessons learned - Application of the principles for metadata evaluation
- Agenda - ALA Annual 2017 (Chicago
- Metadata Interest Group Program at ALA Annual 2017
- Metadata Interest Group Meeting at ALA Annual
- Call for Nominations 2017
- Presentation Slides: Midwinter 2017 Lightning Talks
- Agenda for Midwinter 2017 meeting (Atlanta)
The Metadata Interest Group consists of from four to six officers and two liaisons appointed from the membership at large, serving from one- to two-year terms and led by a chair and chair-elect.
The origins of the Metadata Resource Group can be traced to Digital Resources Committee, which was established in 1995 by members of the ALCTS Computer Files Discussion Group. In 1998 the ALCTS Board asked the committee to review its charge and to modify its name to reflect the increase in metadata development happening worldwide. At that time the group changed its name to Networked Resources and Metadata Committee. In 2003, the Committee became an Interest Group, and in 2009 the group changed its name to Metadata Interest Group.
ALCTS values committed and active members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the Metadata Interest Group. Members interested in serving should be active within ALA, possess a background or demonstrated interest in metadata, and be willing to commit to 1 or 2 years of service. Even if you can't serve, please join our ALA Connect space to stay informed and participate in between-meeting events.