ALCTS New Members IG
Displaying active committee roster as of 01/18/2017. Last retrieved on 01/18/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Connect with ALCTS NMIG on:
- ALA Connect: http://connect.ala.org/node/85257
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALCTSNewMembersIG
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ALCTS_NMIG
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ALCTS-New-Members-Interest-Group-4322966
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Reminder - CFP for ALCTS Metadata Interest Group Program at ALA Annual
- Remainder: LITA/ALCTS Authority Control Interest Group (ACIG) at Midwinter
- 2017 Midwinter ALCTS CRS Standards Forum
- ALCTS Mentoring Program Call for Participation
- REMINDER: ALA Midwinter 2017: ALCTS Technical Services Managers in Academic Libraries Interest Group Meeting
- Remainder: ALCTS Technical Services Workflow Efficiency Interest Group (TSWEIG) at the 2017 ALA Midwinter
- ALCTS Collection Development Librarians of Academic Libraries Interest Group
- ALCTS Virtual Preconference Call for Proposals
- ALCTS News
- ALCTS CaMMS Catalog Management Interest Group's ALA Midwinter Conference Program
The ALCTS New Members Interest Group (ANMIG) is an active community focusing on the concerns and interests of new ALCTS members and new library and information professionals. The group is led by a board of officers charged with developing interest group meetings at ALA conferences, plugging new members into the larger ALCTS division, engaging ANMIG members through social media platforms with relevant information and virtual events, and communicating with ALCTS the wants and concerns of the new membership.
Established in 2009 at the request of the ALCTS Board of Directors. Originally charged with helping new members successfully navigate the ALCTS structure, the charge has grown to include facilitating relationships between new members and ALCTS sections and providing a portal to section and committee information of use to new and potential members.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the ALCTS New Members Interest Group. The only criterion is the need to be active in your discipline and interest area. Take part as an officer, volunteer, or simply a member. We are an open group, composed of members and nonmembers of ALCTS and ALA. Members and volunteers can learn about the value of ALCTS, as well as build relationships with their peers, and possible mentors. Contact information for ANMIG members can be found in our ALAConnect Community. Join us!