Linked Library Data IG (ALCTS/LITA)
To provide a forum for discussion of issues related to Linked Library Data and the role of library metadata in the Semantic web. Goals include: raising awareness of Semantic Web technologies, such as the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and the use of URIs as identifiers within bibliographic descriptions; promoting research on linked data challenges, such as domain modeling and vocabulary selection and design; and informing the ongoing development of existing metadata standards for Libraries, Archives and Cultural Heritage Institutions.
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/25/2016. Last retrieved on 10/25/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Call for proposals: Library Linked Data Interest Group, ALA Midwinter 2017
- Presentation slides from ALA Annual 2016 LLD IG Session
- ALA Annual 2016 LLD IG Program
- Presentation slides from The ALCTS/LITA Linked Library Data Interest Group at ALA Midwinter Conference in Chicago
- LITA/ALCTS Linked Library Data Interest Group at the ALA Annual meeting, Las Vegas. Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 8:30am to 10:00am. LVCC Room N237.
- Midwinter 2014 Report from the Linked Library Data Interest Group
- Linked Library Data Interest Group Business Meeting at Midwinter 2014
- Linked Library Data Interest Group Managed Discussion, Midwinter, 2014, Philadelphia
- Linked Library Data IG managed discussion at ALA Annual - meeting report
- ALA Midwinter 2013 - business meeting and managed discussion reports
Interest groups are self-initiated and not appointed by division officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to ALA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
The Linked Library Data IG was formed in 2011.