Linked Library Data IG (ALCTS/LITA)
To provide a forum for discussion of issues related to Linked Library Data and the role of library metadata in the Semantic web. Goals include: raising awareness of Semantic Web technologies, such as the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and the use of URIs as identifiers within bibliographic descriptions; promoting research on linked data challenges, such as domain modeling and vocabulary selection and design; and informing the ongoing development of existing metadata standards for Libraries, Archives and Cultural Heritage Institutions.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Reminder: Call For Proposals: Linked Library Data Interest Group Session at 2017 ALA Annual Conference
- Call For Proposals: Linked Library Data Interest Group Session at 2017 Annual Conference
- LITA/ALCTS Linked Library Data IG seeks new co-chair
- Presentation Slides Available - Linked Library Data Interest Group Session - ALA Midwinter 2017
- Linked Library Data Interest Group Program - ALA Midwinter 2017
- Reminder: Call For Proposals: Linked Library Data Interest Group Session at 2017 ALA Midwinter Meetings
- Call for proposals: Library Linked Data Interest Group, ALA Midwinter 2017
- Presentation slides from ALA Annual 2016 LLD IG Session
- ALA Annual 2016 LLD IG Program
- Presentation slides from The ALCTS/LITA Linked Library Data Interest Group at ALA Midwinter Conference in Chicago
Interest groups are self-initiated and not appointed by division officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to ALA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
The Linked Library Data IG was formed in 2011.