Scholarly Communication IG
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 01/18/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALAMW 2017: Providing long-term resources and support for Open Access
- Finding Meaning in Metrics - ALA Annual 2016 session & slides
- The Quest for Reproducible Science: Issues in Research Transparency and Integrity (ALA Annual Preconference)
- Presentation Slides from ALCTS Scholarly Communications Interest Group Meeting - ALA Midwinter 2016
- ALCTS Scholarly Communication Interest Group
- ALCTS Scholarly Communications Interest Group
- ALCTS Scholarly Communications IG ALA Annual 2014 Presentation Slides
- ALA Annual 2014 Program: Metadata and Indicators for Open Access
- ALCTS Scholarly Communications IG ALA Annual 2014 Meeting Program
- Scholarly Communications Interest Group
The Scholarly Communications Interest Group is led by a chair and chair-elect.
The ALCTS Scholarly Communications Committee was first established in 1991. The group was charged to serve as the review and advisory committee on all matters of scholarly publishing, to investigate changes in methods for scholarly publication and communication, and to collect and review information from the library and scholarly community concerning guidelines and standards. In addition, the committee was to provide for the communication of ideas between members of ALCTS and scholarly associations and presses; to plan and sponsor meetings, seminars, studies, or other forms of communication on topics related to changes and developments in scholarly communications; and to encourage the exchange of ideas among scholars, librarians, and distributors of scholarly information.
In 1995, the Board voted to disband the committee and replace it with a new Scholarly Communications Discussion Group. In the spring of 2008, it officially became the Scholarly Communications Interest Group with the conversion of all ALCTS discussion groups to interest groups.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve as chair-elect and chair of the Scholarly Communications Interest Group.Volunteers must have an interest in the work of the interest group and be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Service on the interest group usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.